Monday, August 24, 2009

Clouds

The sun behind clouds
This is what she has become
Trying to hide from me
Distance herself
Because together
Our brightness is too great

“Incongruent” she says
Our lives too different
I don’t care
I would fathom
All the differences
Just to swim in her ocean

Now I wait
Patiently and not so
Writing in secret
Loving in secret
For the clouds to part
For her fear to give way

Even behind clouds
She is still brilliant
Her light seeps out
Radiant around the edges
Can the sun
Ever really hide?

Even below the horizon
Out of sight it shines
A place unknown illuminated
My heart still feels her
My body remembers
The heat of her kiss

So now I watch the moon
Waiting for the sun to rise
It does rise every day
Today the sky my world
Grey and raining
Still bright because of her

No comments:

Post a Comment